Saturday, July 31, 2010

More discoveries

While D. and A. were off getting a bicycle found on a craigslist-like site, R. and I went to the library even though we can't get a card yet.  On the way through the park close to the library we passed a big, carved owl with covered openings, which we learned was a book-trading spot.
 We found the English magazines, novels, and children's books, including a sequel R. hadn't read yet.  I was so proud of R.'s willingness to find her way home on her own.

Today was the first sunny day since our arrival so we headed to the beach that is about two miles from our house.  Even though the water looked cold and it was windy, three of us jumped off the dock and enjoyed a swim.  There was sand and clay for building and A. joined some kids using permanent soccer goals on the grassy area.  I hope we see more sun so we can enjoy this spot again.  Maybe one day the kids will ride there on their own?

We jumped off this dock.  Can you see the Roskilde Cathedral in the background?

2 comments:

  1. this is great. I see Robin, but had to click on the photo, so I could see it a little larger. It is fun to read this. that book trading spot - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book trading spot, too. The idea is universal but the owl is very unique. I'm loving the blog and pictures.

    ReplyDelete