Saturday, March 5, 2011

A beautiful day

Any day that I have time to run and I am healthy enough to run is a beautiful day, but today was special because it was above freezing and the sun was shining.  For the first time in months I was able to run in Boserupskov, a forest a few kilometers west of town.  The route there passes through the harbor and along the southwestern edge of the fjord before turning west into the forest.  I saw more deer than people (1-0) and the sun shone into the forest without letting the wind in.  I loved the sound of the birds in the forest, the sound of the swan flying right overhead (was the sound from the wings or its vocal chords?), but I didn't like the sound of the ducks flying out from under the bridge as I ran over.  I knew I hadn't fallen in, but it sure sounded like it!

After breakfast the boys went to indoor soccer, which involved some drills, but also some competition.  A. got to come out from goal today and had two goals and one assist.

Wii at the library was the activity for A. later in the day.  R. strolled to the fjord before getting ready for a birthday party.  After tuning up his new bicycle, David is off to toodle around town.

As requested, here the Pedersen bicycle in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment