Tuesday, March 29, 2011

København

The kids and I decided to have a little adventure in Copenhagen (the truth - I decided I was tired of sitting around the house while great adventure lay only an hour away).  I read in the English weekly about an exhibit of wax art in a variety of forms, which sounded different from the usual castle/national landmark/cathedral. We found the little museum near the center of town and it was definitely different from our usual outings. 
Kunstforeningen GL STRAND

R. and A. weren't so fond of the sexually humorous pieces, but others were of interest, including these.


On a lower floor, there was an exhibit of Louise Bourgeois's works, many of them made when she was in her 90's.  They reminded us of my sister's art.
Louise Bourgeois's flowers

Debbie's ravens

Because the museum was so small it didn't take long to visit all the exhibits.  We decided to return to the Danish Design Center, which we had visited once, but only long enough to see the beautiful gift shop.  This time we visited for a bit longer and I wish I could have experienced it with my parents-in-law.
Biomega Boston Bicycle
It was great to get out with the kids and I hope to be able to write about more adventures soon.  Maybe when more than crocuses are in bloom we'll get to the botanical garden.  Stay posted.

1 comment:

  1. wow, how fabulous, ohhh and thank you for posting my ravens. If anyone wants a postcard, I'd be happy to send one. Sounds like a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete