Saturday, February 19, 2011

Savoring this time

I am trying to memorize this morning's run.  The full moon looked pink as it set across the fjord, dropping quickly into the wooded hills.  I want to remember the variety of ice formations along the edge of the fjord. It was the perfect day to run through the woods because it light enough to avoid tripping and cold enough to freeze the mud.  I hope I don't forget the feeling of running on frozen sand.  At the harbor a lot of boats are out of the water (they look so big close up), but a few boats have stayed in all winter.  On the way home I could see the sun rise through the trees and the cathedral dominating the skyline in the distance.  Amazingly I saw only one other person until I got back to my street.  Now I sit in the living room with the radiant floor heating and the sun streaming through the picture windows.  Hard to top that.

2 comments: