Monday, April 4, 2011

Missing items

Perseverance can be a good thing, but I would have thought after eight months I would learn to give up.  I keep thinking if I just look hard enough that I will find grape juice.  Kvickly, the store I shop in most often, remodeled and I found myself in the juice aisle (an aside - it is isn't really the juice aisle because juice is not from concentrate and is in the refrigerated section - I was in the saftvand aisle, which is a whole section of fascinating concentrates, like hyldeblomst and solbær).  I saw several concentrates I had not seen before and thought undoubtedly there would be grape juice.  Imagine my excitement to see the English word grape.  Before I grabbed it off the shelf I took a closer look and thought they were the strangest grapes I had ever seen.  How disappointing to realize they were grapefruits!


This week I also spent too much time looking for kale or Swiss chard and butternut squash.  I have given up on tofu that is not in a jar.  There has to be something to look forward to in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment