Monday, May 23, 2011

Ledreborg Country Living - guest post



We attended a Country Living fair at Ledreborg Palace, and, while it was not quite to my tastes, I managed to have a good time anyway. The majority of the parts we visited were shops selling food, clothes, furniture, toys, and much more. Most of the food vendors had free samples. These varied from peppermints and candied almonds to olive oil on bread to cooked meat from a grill vendor. On the back of the program was an advertisement for a quality chocolate vendor. I say this not because of the ad, but from experience: My father was kind enough to purchase 4 chocolates to share with us. Also, at the trampoline vendor, you could have a turn jumping! There was also bungee jumping and spheres in an inflatable pool to get inside and walk on water in. 


There were peppermints and other homemade candies, which were amazing. There were several sculptures made with plants, stone, wood, shells, and more. One of the sculptures included a table and chairs people sat at.




We listened to a short organ concert in the palace's church.  Near the end of our visit, we roasted dough over a fire and purchased high-quality peppermint candies. While I would recommend visiting this event if you are in the area and enjoy shopping, palaces, or exercise, I personally feel that it was not quite what I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment