Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Swimming pool

A year after closing for renovation, one of Roskilde's two pools reopened yesterday.
I am a tiny bit uncomfortable swimming right under the water tower, but I try to turn off that part of my brain.
If I had known it would hail on the way home I might have waited a day, but this morning I rode over to check out the situation.  The locker rooms are nice, the facility is nice, but the swimming situation is the same as the other pool.  There are no lane lines and people are swimming for the pleasure of the sport, not to become faster swimmers.  I heard the water in the fjord is only 12ºC (<54ºF before the hail storm), so I have not been swimming at all.  I think I will become someone who swims for the pleasure of it and put off getting faster until we return to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment