Sunday, January 23, 2011

Danish banknotes

A great innovation here, which may exist in the U.S., is a choice of banknote denominations from the ATM.  If I have a big bill to pay I can withdraw 500 krone bills.  If I am going to the farmers' market I can choose to get more 100 krone bills.  It is one of the little pleasures of life here.

Even though Denmark has come out with new banknotes since we have arrived, we have no plans to collect them.  I realize they are significantly lighter than coins, but they are also significantly more expensive.  I do like to learn about the bridges and artifacts featured on them (no people!) and I find it useful that they increase in size as they increase in value.

For entertainment you can go to this site and make your own money, but I wouldn't tell Uncle Sam.



No comments:

Post a Comment