Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hus til salg

Today the real estate section arrived with the newspaper.  The most interesting thing is that the common picture is not taken to show curb appeal, but to show how the backyard could be enjoyed. 
Ad for house, which features view of outdoor eating area

We have been eating out on our deck when we can, partially because it is easier to clean up and partially because we are so happy it is not raining.  Maybe we'll get a picnic table when we get back.

Yippee!  After a little research I learned that the city will deliver a compost container to us.  The instructions do say that if we decide to discontinue using the container we have to wash it and return it.  I think we'll keep it.

So many people have apple trees laden with fruit and more on the ground.  We look over the fences longingly and wonder if we have the  nerve to ask them if they want help picking their apples.  Today we met a neighbor around the corner who had painted a beautiful sign and set it next to a basket of apples.  She was encouraging people to enjoy the beautiful day and take an apple for their walk.  When she saw us trying to decipher the sign she came out and we had a wonderful chat.  Can you knock on someone's door and invite them over for coffee after meeting just once?  Sure!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really happy you're getting a composter. It's one of the many things I miss about not having a backyard here in the city. But while we're here, the hot CA sun is turning my full container into wonderful soil! I'm loving your blog and look for it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judy! I had the pleasure of catching up with your blog today. It seems that you all are truly enjoying living in Denmark. I love the posts, the photos, your bits of life and your questions. I really liked the crow that isn't all black.

    I understand about the rain. Friends who have lived in similar environments tell me the key is to have the right clothing and gear.

    We miss you. Today, John Thomas and I went to the golf course to practice, so we thought about Arlo. School starts next week and we are ready...at least I am ready. It has been gastly hot and I am about to wither completely. But everyone is feeling the same way.

    Keep up the great blogging. Love you.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete