Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kost og Motion -- Nutrition and Exercise, tirsdag 24. aug by Robin

When I started school, I quickly heard that the reason school started late on Tuesdays and Thursdays was because the Nutrition and Exercise [literally Food and Motion] teacher had not arrived yet. I was curious, and soon found out that this class was where one went to school at 7.30 in athletic clothes without eating breakfast, exercised for half an hour, ate a school breakfast [dry oats, milk/substitute from home, half a banana, raisins], and then showered and changed. Unfortunately, everyone was behind schedule today, so the 6th grade girls and a mixed sex second-grade class had to change in the same room, which was rather awkward. Other than that, things went rather well. Yesterday, I had special dansk lessons, in which I learned about hverdag [everyday life] for the familien Jensen [Jensen (most common surname) family]. All in all, things are going well. More later!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!
    Your entry reminded me of Xandie's experience in Germany where the girls had to change together for swimming in the locker room; all the European kids were fine with it, but it took Xandie awhile to adjust. At her new school, they don't change for sports; I imagine that's because it's a K-8 primary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the students in your class ask you questions about California? Did your dansk lesson happen during school time? It all sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,
    I am really enjoying your descriptions of life in Denmark! School seems a very different proposition there. I will be interested to learn your preference- school here or school there- as time goes on.

    Keep up the great posts.

    Debra Zasadzinski

    ReplyDelete